Students from LMU can attend the University of Deusto in San Sebastián for one or two semesters. There are multiple courses offered by the various departments. In addition to the courses related to the students' majors, students have the opportunity to learn about Spanish and Basque culture and to improve their Spanish language skills. Exchange students will have access to an academic adviser and a buddy - a local student - during their stay at the University of Deusto. In addition to their studies, students can enhance their experience by participating with local and exchange students in sports and social, cultural and religious activities.
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kFxQK_oO9pY" width="640"></iframe>
San Sebastian is regarded by many as one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Located on the Bay of Biscay, the San Sebastian coast and its surrounding environment, where the sea and mountain merge, are wonderful places to visit. The Bay, with La Concha beach and the artistic sculpture called El Peine del Viento (the Wind's Comb) by sculptor Eduardo Chillida and architect Peña Ganchegui, are its main landmarks.
The city's urban development is based on painstaking protection of the its green areas and parks. Most key places of interest can be easily reached on foot, strolling along its promenades and pedestrian walkways, or by bike along a network of 'bidegorris' (cycle lanes). San Sebastian is a city of contrasts. Nowadays, old and stately buildings like the old Great Casino (now the Town Hall), the Miramar Palace or the bridges over the river Urumea, stand beside state-of-the-art buildings like the Kursaal Auditorium and Congress Centre, designed by architect Rafael Moneo, Anoeta Sports City, or the innovative Miramon Technology Park.
San Sebastian is a cultural and artistic centre with a wide range of services and congresses.The Kursaal is the main venue for the San Sebastian International Film Festival, the only Spanish film festival of such a high standard and in fact one of the most prestigious in Europe, held in September every year. The 'Jazzaldia' or Jazz Festival and the 'Musical Fortnight' (jazz and classical musical festivals, respectively) are some of its most important cultural events, without forgetting the city's main traditional feasts, known as the 'Tamborrada', which is held on the night of the 19th to 20th January every year.
The Old Quarter of San Sebastian is the city's historical and leisure centre, and one of the best places to taste the local cuisine ranging from its famous 'pintxos' to the best designer restaurants. Basque food is internationally renowned. San Sebastián is the capital city of the province of Gipuzkoa, in the Basque Country near the border with France. San Sebastián's picturesque coastline makes it a popular beach resort. Throughout the year, students can enjoy the city's natural beauty, the hospitality of its people and the delicious food.
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K_rlC8wel9w" width="853"></iframe>
Look up courses here.
- Information Systems
- Business (not AACSB accredited)
- Social Work
- Classes Taught in English
- Ethics, Sustainability and Third World development in The Human Science Department
- Special Subjects in Spanish and Basque culture, society and heritage
- Spanish Language courses (an intensive Spanish course before the beginning of each semester and a regular Spanish course during the semester)
Be sure to select courses for the San Sebastián campus.
- Campus - Click on "San Sebastian."
- Areas - Choose area(s) of interest.
- Me interesan - Click on "Bachelor's Degree" and/or "Double Degree."
- Hit "SEARCH"
- At the bottom of the search parameters, which looks like the same page you were at, click one of the schools (e.g. BMA + International Management Skills, BMA, Communication).
- You will then be taken to a particular school's main page, click on "Curriculum" or "Academic Plan -> Subjects" where the courses will be listed by years. If a course is offered in English, there will be a PDF file under that column. Click on the PDF file to view the syllabus for that particular course.
HOUSING AND MEALS
The goal of Student Reception and Lodging Service (SAYA) -- also known as SAYA -- is to make a visiting student's stay comfortable and pleasant. This office assists in renting apartments. Most exchange students share lodging in the city with Spanish or other exchange students.